Welcome to the CNMI Consumer Assistance Program’s interim website!
The Consumer Assistance Program (CAP) office was made possible by a grant to establish or expand consumer assistance programs under section 2793 of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act as amended in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Click here for more information on CAP grants. The CAP office is designed to help health care consumers to:
- Understand health care coverage, especially new health care reforms
- Enroll in health plans by providing information, referrals and assistance
- Understand their rights and responsibilities as a consumer
- Provide information to consumers to file complaints and appeals
- Collect privacy-secured data on the types of problems and inquiries encountered for submission to the Department of Health and Human Services
In-person, telephone and email assistance is available. Please see “Contact Us” for more information.